ONLINE SINGLE SESSIONS
with Adastra Speech Associates
Professional Teachers of English
Meet from anywhere in the world on Skype | $75.00/hour
- Meet from anywhere in the world. Even in Boston, meeting on Skype saves travel time, avoids travel in bad weather, and provides privacy.
- This is open conversation that gives you the opportunity to keep speaking, keep listening, and keep trying new things in English.
- You'll receive immediate feedback from your English teacher about your pronunciation and tips for improvement.
- There is no homework, no preparation needed. You can choose to talk about something that involves the vocabulary you use for work or school, practice for interviews, presentations, etc.
- Choose to meet as often you would like or just try it once and gain experience and tips for improving your spoken English.
Meet Ms. Cal Ramsdell
Do you wish to engage in conversation and gain professional feedback in order to talk and express ideas more easily and clearly?
You need not speak with a perfect native accent; my goal is for you to be perfectly understood.
My educational background includes a Master’s degree in multicultural education from Harvard University and a TESOL graduate certificate from Northeastern University where I have been teaching Speaking and Listening classes for nine years.
Having lived in France and Ecuador, I bring a background in French and Spanish to our sessions as well as extensive experience working with Chinese speakers.
Meet Ms. Kit Patterson
We speak because we want to communicate! I have over 10 years' experience in helping speakers of English to communicate better.
I started my teaching career with a Bachelor's degree in English from Tulane University and a TESOL Certificate. I taught English for 3 years in Turkey, and returned to Boston to earn a Master's degree from Harvard in Learning and Teaching.
In Boston, I served as Adjunct Faculty at Northeastern University and Bunker Hill Community College. At these two colleges, I taught Culture & Communication, Advanced Communication Strategies, and Speech Communications. I also co-taught Accent Modification with Dr. Barb.
Most recently, I was Assistant Professor at the English Language Institute at Bellevue College in Washington State. There, I taught college preparation classes, including Business Oral & Written Communication, and Speaking and Listening. Now, I teach English to adults part-time in Arlington, Virginia.
I have a deep appreciation for other cultures and ways of thinking. I have extensive experience with teaching speaking to people of various language backgrounds, including Spanish, Turkish, Arabic, Japanese, and Chinese speakers.
Throughout my years of teaching, my goal has always been to help others understand and be understood. It is very important to me that people who work with me reach a level of comfort in their English skills. I hope I can help Adastra clients with that, too!